Yummi Bears Organics Performance Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
I was skeptical about the need for vitamins when my daughter first brought them up, but as breastfeeding came to an end and cold and flu season began I wanted to be armed with the best and most natural supplements I could find.
Fortunately I had the opportunity to sample many of the supplements by Heroes Nutritionals. One of the samples was their new line of organic supplements for children 2 and up, Yummi Bears Organics. Here are our thoughts about the organic supplements.
Ingredients: organic evaporated can juice, organic tapioca syrup, pectin, citric acid, natural flavors (strawberry, orange, pineapple, grape, natural colors (black carrot juice concentrate, purple berry juice concentrate, turmeric, annatto), and sodium citrate.
Features To Love
- Designed to appeal to children’s taste buds.
- An automated System on their website to help you choose the vitamins you need.
- The vitamins are certified organic by Quality Assurance International.
- The vitamins are suitable for vegetarians and free of allergens, glutens, gelatin, casein and GMOs.
- Vitamins use natural colors and flavors. A serving of three vitamins contains 20 calories and 4 grams of sugar. This seems like a reasonable about to me for the day, as she gets a lot more calories from juices that only have one or two essential vitamins.
Room For Improvement
- While the gummies are obviously more nutritious than gummy bears, they look a lot like them. I’m concerned about the possibility that ‘m creating an affinity for gummy bears and other chewy candies, by my daughter candy-like vitamins.
- I’m also concerned that if I give her the regular vitamins and extra Vitamin D, Omega 3s, Fiber and Vitamin C, it adds up to a lot of gummy bears, which translates to extra calories and sugar.For this reason I wish the multi-vitamin contained 100% of the daily recommended values of vitamin C and D. This would cut down on the number of vitamins and calories involved and also save us some money.
My daughter likes these and even reminds me when she hasn’t had her vitamins for the day. This is a different experience than some of the potent (smelling and tasting) liquid vitamins we’ve tried in the past that required me to try to sneak it in her orange juice.
While I am still open to other vitamins that don’t involve vitamins that look like candy, I do like the fact that these are organic and made without unnecessary allergens.
I would buy Yummi Bears Organics vitamins again, but since I am not a nutritionist I would definitely encourage you visit with an expert in a health food store to choose the best vitamin supplement solution for your child.
If you’d like to try Yummi Bears Organics, you can find them at our shopping partner, Amazon.com.